How many of us live a champagne lifestyle but have lemonade money in our bank account?
How many of us use the champagne lifestyle to not deal with our lemonade money life?
Why is it that we want a champagne lifestyle when we clearly have lemonade money?
Why do we dream of champagne lifestyle when lemonade money is our reality?
Are those with a champagne lifestyle really and truly happy bunnies?
Are those with lemonade money really miserable?
Is there a happy medium?
Is there something missing when all we think about is a champagne lifestyle?
When my cleaner told me 20 years ago that I had a champagne lifestyle with lemonade money, I did not want to hear this because it was the Truth.
- I was living way beyond my means.
- I was bored, empty and unhappy.
So this was the plan –
- Find a way to live like the champagne drinkers.
- Hang out with other champagne drinkers.
- Make sure I lied my way through life.
- Find a solution to make this lifestyle possible.
- Find a coping strategy and ‘look the part’.
Got it ALL – It was called Plastic cards and shop, shop and more shopping.
I could not stop and it would be fair to say I was addicted to shopping. I could keep up with the champagne lifestyle and lemonade money was ok as plastic was my new secret weapon. In fact, everyone I knew was using plastic except my cleaner who had a huge amount of common sense, that I did not like.
Champagne Lifestyle helped me deal with the void in my life. By that I mean, I felt very dis-connected from who I was, what I was really feeling or how to deal with my up and down moods.
- Super up on shopping days.
- High on champagne and fine dining.
- Time off for expensive spas to forget about the problems.
- Mega down when I saw the credit card bills.
- Not happy using loans to pay off plastic.
- Mood low when cards were maxed up.
- Finding solutions became boring.
- Facing lemonade money bank account was a feeling that never went away.
Yes – It was official – I had lost the plot. I had lost ALL common sense and was not willing to get a reality check.
Fast forward to today –
Living a champagne lifestyle was not the Truth.
My choices were why I had lemonade money in my bank.
Living this way was to avoid the deep hurt I felt every day.
There was comfort in my uncomfortableness.
There was no willingness to address the irresponsible lifestyle.
Action Plan –
- Get super simple.
- Get back to basics.
- Get practical.
- Deal with the buried hurts.
- Stop avoiding any issue.
- Express how you feel.
- Never hold back what you feel.
- Keep feeling and expressing your Truth.
- No more holding onto the past.
- Learn from the mistakes.
- Stop living in regret.
- End all blame.
- KNOW that there is another way.
- Commit to Life.
- Stay consistent.
- Use your common sense.
- Develop understanding.
- Let go, Let go and keep letting go of anything and everything that no longer truly supports you.
In other words – TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL YOUR CHOICES.
The above works and after 8+ years of consistently living in this way, I can honestly say that there is another way and it sure is not a champagne or lemonade lifestyle.
Gone are those days of feeling empty, bloated and dis-connected.
In are the Glory days of making life simple and living in a way that inspires others and simply getting on with it in the KNOWING that we are all here to evolve.