TODAY is World Statistics Day – 20 October 2023
What if our World takes a serious STOP moment to read our last 2 articles with these statistics?
$92 TRILLION – 2022
GLOBAL PUBLIC DEBT HAS REACHED AN ALL TIME HIGH (1)
GLOBAL FOOD MARKET (2)
SNACKS AND CONFECTIONERY MARKET (2)
WHY is this not front page news headlines for the next week and coming months so we can all wake up to what is actually going on in our world?
One thousand BILLION = TRILLION
So we simply cannot just ignore the size of our debt that we have.
Worth reading our DEBT post and consider what is being presented.
What is clear is that we consume far more food than we actually need to live and we have a trillion dollar industry just for snacks and confectionery – both totally not needed and if our body could communicate with words it would say “Keep that junk away from me as it was never designed for this body”.
The following report card are some World Statistics this year so far…
For those that want these stats checked, scroll to the end for APA referencing.
Gun Related Deaths
87% increase in children’s gun related deaths in last decade (3)
245% increase in Teenage Cannabis use over 20 years (4)
99% Cervical Cancer linked to infection (5)
27.6 million adults and children worldwide (6)
$760 BILLION annual global expenditure (7)
Triple since 1980s (8)
52% eat fast foods in U.S. linked to liver disease (9)
Chronic Kidney Disease
700 million affected by Chronic Kidney Disease – no cure (10)
1 in 8 over age 50 shows signs of Food Addiction (11)
91% former NFL players had CTE (12)
400,000 children and adolescents diagnosed with cancer every year (13)
6.2 million adults in U.S live with Heart Failure (14)
90% Americans exceed guidelines for salt (15)
190 million women worldwide affected by Endometriosis (16)
1 in 5 teenagers has a porn habit (17)
2 BILLION UK Cocaine Market (18)
Child Sexual Abuse
1000% rise in children sexually abused since 2019 (19)
3.5 billion affected by oral diseases worldwide (20)
Drug Overdose Deaths
Drug overdose deaths quadruple in 20 years among older adults (21)
100,000 nurses quit U.S. workforce during pandemic due to stress, burnout and retirements. (22)
€40 Billion per year Europe incontinence costs
€320 Billion by 2030 (23)
2.2 million in England have ADHD (24)
This is a very small report card.
By the end of 2023, Simple Living Global will publish over 500 WORLD STATISTICS.
United Nations on World Statistics Day
Theme – Connecting the world with data we can trust
What are the statistics on this post spelling out to us?
How are we going to use these statistics going forward?
Our statistics give us a reality check on what is really going on in our world today and we can no longer ignore we have a 911 in all areas of human life.
On that note…
Simple Living Global have been reporting WORLD NEWS daily since 2017 on X (formerly known as Twitter) with over 3,200 posts thus far.
We collate some of these posts and present a full report card at the end of each year.
The FULL report card for this year will be published on 31 December 2023.
For our backdated report cards on the state of our world – check these links
2018 WORLD NEWS
2019 WORLD NEWS
2020 WORLD NEWS
2021 WORLD NEWS
2022 WORLD NEWS
(1) (n.d). A World of Debt. United Nations. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(2) (n.d). Food – Worldwide. Statista. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(3) Sainato, M. (2023, October 5). Gun-Related Deaths of U.S. Children are Rising at ‘Alarming’ Rate, Study Reveals. The Guardian. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(4) Rideout, N. (2022, December 7). Teen Cannabis Abuse Has Increased 245% Over 20 Years, Study Finds. Oregon Health and Science University. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(5) (2023). Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. World Health Organization. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(6) (2023). National Human Trafficking Prevention Month. U.S. Department of State. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(7) University of Cambridge. (2023, January 11). Artificial Pancreas Successfully Trialled for Use by Type 2 Diabetes Patients. Science Daily. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(8) Sullivan, K. (2023, January 9). New Guidelines for Treating Childhood Obesity Include Medications and Surgery for First Time. NBC News. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(9) (2023, January 10). Consumption of Fast Food Linked to Liver Disease. Keck Medicine of USC. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(10) (2023, January 19). Put Some More Prawns on the Barbie – Seafood Could Protect Against Kidney Disease. The George Institute for Global Health. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(11) (2023, January 30). 1 in 8 Americans Over 50 Show Signs of Food Addiction, U-M Poll Finds. University of Michigan. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(12) (2023, February 6). Researchers Find CTE in 345 of 376 Former NFL Players Studied. Boston University Medical Campus. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(13) (2023). International Childhood Cancer Day. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(14) Heart Failure Awareness Week 2023. Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA). Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(15) Ahmed, M., Ng, A., Christoforou, A., Mulligan, C., & L’Abbé, M.R. (2023, February 6). Top Sodium Food Sources in the American Diet – Using National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. MDPI. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(16) (2021, March 31). Endometriosis. World Health Organization. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(17) Grant, H., & Milmo, D. (2023, March 10). A Fifth of Teenagers Watch Pornography Frequently and Some Are Addicted, UK Study Finds. The Guardian. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(18) Wright, S. (2023, March 17). EXCLUSIVE Albanian Narcos Bringing Cocaine Misery from Ecuador to the Streets of Britain: Investigation Lays Bare How Mafia from Tiny Balkan Country Has Seized Control of Transatlantic Smuggling Routes to Flood Cities Like Brighton with Drugs. Mail Online. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(19) (2023, March 27). Covid Lockdowns Created ‘Online Backdoor’ for Child Abusers, Says Charity. Safeguarding and Child Protection Association. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(20) (2023, March 14). Oral Health. World Health Organization. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(21) Rivero, E. (2023, March 29). Drug Overdose Fatalities Among US Older Adults Have Quadrupled Over 20 Years, UCLA Research Finds. UCLA Health. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(22) (2023, April 13). NCSBN Research Projects Significant Nursing Workforce Shortages and Crisis. NCSBN. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(23) Hesston, E. (2023, September 25). Incontinence Costs European Society Over 40 Billion Euros Per Year. European Association of Urology. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from
(24) Davis, N. (2023, September 29). Doctors in England Told Not to Start New Patients on ADHD Drugs Due to Shortage. The Guardian. Retrieved October 20, 2023 from