Time as we know it to be, is up. Game Over.
High time we got a Reality Check.
We are calling for something but most of us are not sure what that is.
We know we have created a world that is not supporting human life and our body is telling us.
We have created a model of life that is failing us in every area of daily living.
Mother Earth is communicating natural disasters but we just ain’t getting it.
Illness and Disease are at an all time high and still rising and yet we do not ask Why Questions.
Most of us have little or no real connection with our innate natural state of being everyday.
We have a new normal just because the masses are doing it.
FOR THE RECORD – that does not constitute normal.
We have lost our Real and true marker of what normal actually is.
We have created a plethora of new normals that are wreaking havoc and chaos all over the world.
We are driving ourselves crazy with all our distractions that keep on growing.
We have become a world addicted to our screens and we just can’t seem to get enough.
We are listening to utter nonsense to fill our minds and avoid the void we feel everyday.
We are hooked to Social Media for our daily self-medication and we loathe to admit that fact.
We are unaware of the amount of porn we need to view and never question why the desire.
We like living a life of irresponsibility and a part of us hates the fact that we are accountable for our choices – what we align to and subscribe to. Not getting away from that one.
Look no further and enter Simple Living Global…a website for humanity, dedicated to presenting Another Way to live that is not harming the human body or intentionally bludgeoning it in any way.
Yet statistics and this world would have us know that it is not a popular site and the masses are not visiting. Why Not?
Is it because Simple Living Global are not interested in gaining popularity or marketing to pull in the masses against their will, when they are clearly enjoying living irresponsibly and wayward to our natural way of being?
Is it because Simple Living Global deliver the facts and the stats and say what needs to be said and done and moves on to the next blog and the next and there are now over 220 blogs with one message – there is Another Way to Live and Be right now, if and when we are open and ready to take note and consider what is being presented?
The following is a much needed and overdue
Read The Real Truth about Alcohol on this website. Then continue to read the 200+ comments adding evidence to confirm and expand the immutable fact that Alcohol is a scientific proven poison and that simply means – not fit for human consumption.
NO SAFE LEVEL OF ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION – MAJOR STUDY
195 COUNTRIES – 1990 – 2016 (1,2)
The experts tell us there is no safe level for drinking alcohol but yet we ignore it. WHY does a global study continue to be ignored when we all know what this legal mind-altering substance is doing to our health?
What is behind those that continue to foster, promote and endorse alcohol and how do they profit?
BINGE DRINKING AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION ON THE RISE
What is missing in our lives that we depend on a toxic substance in the name of relaxation, chilling out, socialising, winding down, celebrating and partying?
What would happen if our world required a licence to become an adult and to obtain that each individual would be educated with presentations like The Real Truth about Alcohol to learn and understand that we cannot simply ingest what we want, how we want, however much we want and when we want – if it in any way affects our human frame or others in any way whatsoever?
CANCER IS THE SECOND LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH GLOBALLY (3)
This Not that long ago was so serious and now it’s like the masses have this disease or are going to get it and we have just accepted that.
We need a reality check and the best way right now would be to visit our Cancer blog on this website, read it, re-read it incase it was a bit too much first time around and then move swiftly on to ALL the comments thereafter. News story after news and research and more research, but nothing telling us how on earth we end up with cancerous cells that mutate at exponential rates in a certain part of our body.
What is the body communicating to us if we get a form of cancer?
We claim that we love Chocolate and there is no harm if we want to indulge in copious amounts of it.
7.7 MILLION METRIC TONS – TOTAL CHOCOLATE CONSUMPTION (4)
Have we ever stopped long enough to Question why chocolate is so addictive and what on earth goes into these bars and boxes that keep us going back for more and more?
Why do we associate chocolates with gifts, rewards and celebrations?
Why is it linked to emotions and what is driving us to seek out chocolate in times of our highs and lows?
COFFEE | CAFFEINE
We have a legal drug that alters the state of our minds and for the masses we wake up and it is our first go to drink of the day.
165.35 MILLION 60 KG BAGS OF COFFEE CONSUMED WORLDWIDE (5)
Coffee is such a global big seller it happens to be the second most traded commodity in the world.
What if every child and would be coffee drinker received real education and understanding about the harm-full effects of coffee and what it does to our nervous system, which includes the brain?
What if our coffee lovers and coffee shops worldwide just stopped and received the presentations on this website about the Real Truth about Caffeine and Coffee before they pour their next expresso, latte or cappuccino Americano?
What if we educated the group of people who rely on energy drinks and informed them that caffeine plays a big part and reading our in-sightfull article on this topic may bring some understanding as to WHY they need a prop (let’s get real, that is what it is) to keep them going, but never once consider to address the underlying issues that keep them coming back for more and more caffeine fix?
DEPRESSION IS THE LEADING GLOBAL CAUSE OF DISABILITY (6)
This is a huge reality check knowing that worldwide we have an illness that is causing us disability. How serious is that?
We are not born depressed, so that tells us something happens and we get de-pressed and then we go on that downhill road called ‘Giving Up’.
Our world is de-pressed with being told what to do and not do. We subscribe to all of that and then set ourselves up, give up or let doubt creep into our minds, which then starts bombarding us with ill thoughts. Yes, let’s call them ill thoughts because that is what they are and if we do seek help there is a Solution – take Anti-Depressants to do the job.
6 MILLION PEOPLE RECEIVED ANTIDEPRESSANTS DURING PANDEMIC – ENGLAND (7)
Is this telling us we have withdrawn and are not Committed to life because of the pandemic and the restrictions or was it brewing and this has just brought it forward?
CALLS TO MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINES + PRESCRIPTIONS FOR ANTIDEPRESSANTS HAVE REACHED AN ALL TIME HIGH (7)
We are not able to cope with daily living now and we are calling for help. Is a prescription the only answer or is it worth asking Questions whilst we take medication to support us and not just accept that there is nothing more on our part?
Are our mental health helplines not there for us because of funding and so we give up?
Are we missing the face-to-face connection and engagement that we need so we can express what we feel and be heard?
463 MILLION ADULTS LIVING WITH DIABETES IN 2019
700 MILLION BY 2045 (8)
Our statistics are telling us something but most of us who don’t yet have pre-diabetes think we will be ok or we just ignore it, hoping we will be the lucky ones.
DIABETES IS A MAJOR CAUSE OF HEART ATTACKS, STROKE, KIDNEY FAILURE, BLINDNESS AND LOWER LIMB AMPUTATION(9)
The World Health Organization have said this on their key facts about Diabetes.
Are we taking note and paying attention here?
Does it disturb us or make us want to change our lifestyle choices so we do not end up with any of the above?
We are also told that Diabetes will bankrupt our health systems in the future if we do not make some changes.
Again, WHY are we not joining the dots or using our common sense when we all know? Drugs are not designed for human consumption.
They are there to alter our natural state and the consequences are devastating to the human frame and all those it affects along the way.
OVER A QUARTER BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE USE DRUGS (10)
What if we don’t actually know the real and true figures because many that take drugs are not openly going to admit it?
RISE IN ONLINE CHEMSEX (11)
Lockdown restrictions have moved this to the virtual world.
There is more demand now as many feel isolated and lonely and have excess time. Is this a reaction or will it continue well after lockdown?
PUBLIC SCHOOL PUPILS IN THE UK TAKE MORE DRUGS (12)
We think it is adults taking drugs but we forget it is happening at a younger age now – another call in the reality check department.
DEATHS FROM ILLICIT DRUGS IN CANADA ECLIPSE HOMICIDES, SUICIDE, CAR ACCIDENTS AND COVID COMBINED (13)
This is one country and a confirmation that illegal activity is running the show and exposing the fact that something is clearly not right in the way we are living human life.
WORLD’S LARGEST DRUGS BUST
$1.1 BILLION AMPHETAMINES – 14 TONNES SEIZED (14)
Yes this is a real life statistic, not a blockbuster movie script.
How many seizures are Getting Away with it under the radar?
Are we really ahead of the game or does the game play us?
Are we the ones who pop the pills from the dodgy doc or online site that supplies us with Amphetamines to lose weight fast and we like to think we are not part of the drugs industry?
Are we part of the growing culture of workers that use amphetamines to keep going, so we can work even longer hours because our need to want More and more of what the world has created, overtakes our common sense that says we need to stop and have deep rest every single day?
Are we contributors in the game, even if we are not actually participating in the supply of drugs?
In other words, those of us that sit around thinking it’s out there and not inside our home – are we in any form of illusion?
MALAYSIA £19.2 MILLION LARGEST CRYSTAL METH SEIZURE (15)
ASIA’S BIGGEST DRUG BUST – 200 MILLION METH TABLETS (16)
Read The Real Truth about Amphetamines, which includes meth, also known as Ice. We have news stories like this headline covered in our comments section – adding to the Reality Check we need right now.
LARGEST STUDY ON CANNABIS EVER OVER 50 YEARS – STREET CANNABIS IS SUBSTANTIALLY STRONGER ACROSS THE WORLD (17)
This means we need it more potent as the regular stuff is not cutting it.
A reality check and a reminder – Cannabis has been around a long time.
2.6 BILLION A YEAR – CANNABIS BLACK MARKET SPEND IN UK (18)
CANNABIS USE DURING PREGNANCY HAS SKYROCKETED (19)
There can be no would be mother in her right mind that would even consider or contemplate taking a drug that has numerous side effects. But yet we have been told it has skyrocketed. Again this is real life and not made up movie material.
MORE THAN HALF USING MEDICAL MARIJUANA PRODUCTS TO EASE PAIN, EXPERIENCE MULTIPLE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS (20)
Reality Check much needed here – this is new research just out.
Call it cannabis or Marijuana – same thing, it is not harmless and the list of side effects are worth noting – read our blog on this website.
We are being Fooled if we really think cannabis is harmless – it is not.
23 MILLION COCAINE USERS WORLDWIDE (21)
1,723 TONNES – GLOBAL PURE COCAINE PRODUCTION (22)
NETHERLANDS – LARGEST COCAINE LABORATORY FOUND STREET VALUE €4.5 – €6 MILLION (23)
UK – TONNE OF COCAINE SEIZED WORTH £100 MILLION (24)
Wake up dear world – this was just in November 2020.
No need to imagine as this is real life. Cocaine is in hot demand and Europe(25) is wanting more of this drug than ever before.
Worth reading The Real Truth about Cocaine – Part 1 and watching the video documentaries, which present an even greater reality check.
ASIA’S BIGGEST DRUG BUST – 990 GALLONS OF METHYL FENTANYL (16)
OVER $1 TRILLION – ECONOMIC COST OF GROWING OPIOID EPIDEMIC IN USA (26)
How many of us can fathom what one trillion dollars is and then relate it to the cost in one country, which has an opioid epidemic?
What are people using Opioids for and why have we not got to the root problem – the cause of why anyone takes opioids in the first place?
OPIOID DEATHS IN CANADA – PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
OVERDOSE CASUALTIES REACH HISTORIC HIGHS (13)
A so-called developed and advanced nation having a public health emergency in the name of Opioids. Historic highs in overdose deaths is a HUGE reality check for Canada and the whole world.
70 MILLION AFFECTED WORLDWIDE BY EATING DISORDERS
HIGHEST MORTALITY RATE OF ANY PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESS (27)
How many of us know or even associate Eating Disorders as a psychiatric illness?
Are we even aware that eating disorders can lead to death and the fact that it has the highest mortality rate of any other psychiatric illness?
What about the other millions and millions of people who live with the 70 million that have eating disorders? Their lives are being affected too.
Reality check – let us not forget that.
E-CIGARETTES CONTAIN HIGHLY ADDICTIVE LEVELS OF NICOTINE AND TOXIC SUBSTANCES (28)
So did it suit us to pretend that another form of smoking was going to somehow be better than the one that is currently being outed?
Reality check is finding out what is going on behind the scenes – in other words, who is funding the research studies that champion e-cigarettes and are we aware that cigarette companies have got ahead of the game by investing in vaping and everything that goes with the e-cig trend?
Why are kids being targeted with flavours that entice and allure them into wanting to start on the e-cigarette road that leads to high levels of addiction?
Society does not benefit and yet we allow this to happen on our watch.
$10 TRILLION – WORLD GAMBLES ANNUALLY (29)
We like to think this is just some fun in the name of entertainment.
Read The Real Truth about Gambling to know the effects on individuals and society when we ignore this dis-ease that we have created.
Imagine if $10,000,000,000,000 was used to educate our kids from day dot on the harmful effects of gambling and how similar it is to taking drugs. Then if we’ve got some change left over, let’s educate every adult.
55,000 CHILDREN IN UK HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM (30)
How have we got to the point where there are this many children in just one country in our world with a gambling problem?
90% OF ADULTS HAVE TENSION HEADACHES (31)
This means most of us are having some form of tension that then leads to our head ache. What we do know is that we tend to seek out medication and that could be popping pills, or it could be over-exercising or over working – whatever it takes to not feel what we are feeling.
No surprise, those that want more public awareness about headaches are getting nowhere because we all seem to just accept this as normal.
Imagine living life without any tension or headaches that does not entail hiding on a deserted beach in paradise, but requires us to live with a Real and Honest approach to human life and that means responsibility for all in the movements we make, as it affects everyone and everything.
HEART DISEASE IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH WORLDWIDE (32)
WHY does Heart Disease continue to be the number one killer and how come all the research in this world has yet to know the root cause and bring an end to this debilitating dis-ease?
523 MILLION HEART DISEASE CASES WORLDWIDE IN 2019 (32)
We seem to call ourselves Intelligent, work out how to get to other planets, come up with marvels that make our jaw drop and yet we have not yet worked out, after centuries of medical advancements – what is the root cause of Heart dis-ease in the human body.
MAJOR CAUSE OF DISABILITY AND RISING HEALTH CARE COSTS (32)
Is it not in our interest to do what it takes to work out what affects our heart and do we need to change anything about the wayward way we are living, as rising health costs affect our nations and our world as a whole?
What on earth are we doing and not doing, that is dis-connecting and disturbing the natural flow and rhythm of our heart?
Are we void of the real and true love that comes from our essence?
Or have we just got hurt along the road in life and so we shut down our heart and stop giving or receiving the love we are all want and need?
Has this got something to do with the meteoric rise in heart conditions?
1.13 BILLION WORLDWIDE HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (33)
Have we got a hand in WHY we have developed some form of internal pressure that gives rise to a condition that is common worldwide?
Time for a Reality Check
No point popping pills, doing the home check and hoping the pressure will suddenly become normal when our lifestyle is nothing near normal.
Again another dis-ease of our modern day living that experts tell us is coming from Lifestyle Choices.
HYPERTENSION IS A MAJOR CAUSE OF PREMATURE DEATH (33)
We know this and we also know it can be avoided, as so much is linked to how we are choosing to live. Our lifestyle choices are literally killing us.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING – WORLD’S FASTEST GROWING CRIME (34)
FORCED LABOUR OR SERVICES
REMOVAL OF ORGANS (35)
For the record, we have Modern Day Slavery with a new name but it does not change the fact that we as humans allow other fellow humans to be treated as a sub-class. We forget that there are laws of responsibility and we hate that word Karma or we could say what goes around, comes around. Do unto another and it sure is coming back around.
Our greed and ill behaviours have hijacked our moral compass and jumping on the bandwagon to profit from others in this way, will never ever bring any form of settlement inside us.
971 MILLION PEOPLE DIAGNOSED MENTAL DISORDERS 2017 (36)
We do not need to wait for the researchers to tell us 3 years later that the numbers have gone down because we all know they have not.
530,169 CHILDREN UNDER AGE 5 TAKING PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS (37)
Is this reality check something we do not want to read or feel right now?
Does it disturb or un-settle us knowing our kids are having mental health issues at such a young age?
What will happen to half a million very young children when they become adults, because they were taking psychiatric drugs when under age 5?
50% INCREASE ATHLETES SEEKING MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT IN AUSTRALIA (38)
Is this a reality check that we do not want to know as our minds seem to feed us those thoughts that elite athletes – those super human, high training, perfect nutrition and balance in life people, are not making it?
If they are at the top of their game, got all the money, fame and fitness with a body that most would love to have – then why on earth would they seek help for mental health?
Can we join the dots here as something is not making sense?
Is it that high performance – pushing the body beyond its natural limits comes at a cost and this is why we have athletes seeking mental health support?
LOCKDOWN CAUSING SERIOUS MENTAL ILLNESS IN UK (39)
Psychiatrists are warning us that services could be overwhelmed by a ‘tsunami’ of sickness triggered by the crisis. We now have people with no history of mental illness developing serious psychological problems for the first time.
Is this a big enough Reality Check and are we all aware that amid growing stresses, isolation, job insecurity, relationship breakdown and bereavement we are losing it fast? That means we can expect to see even more of us on the mental health statistics.
GLOBAL EPIDEMIC – AMONG TOP 3 KILLERS (40)
650 MILLION WORLDWIDE HAVE OBESITY (41)
This stat is not bang up to date and not everyone makes it to a statistic, so we can confidently say the figure is probably much higher.
If for any reason more proof is needed – open our eyes and it is easy to observe and clock all those on screen and in real life that are obese or overweight. Add to that the stay at home lockdown restrictions imposed on the masses that are saying they are eating more, not bothering to move much and there you have some additional evidence.
$7 TRILLION COST OF OBESITY IN NEXT 15 YEARS (40)
Do we even understand or can we even fathom what $7,000,000,000,000 actually is, in terms of what obesity is going to cost us?
Are our predictions out of date because we have a global pandemic right now and we all know most of us are going to continue eating more, moving less and hanging out with our emotions – all ingredients contributing to the recipe we call Obesity.
1.92 BILLION PEOPLE PURCHASED GOODS OR SERVICES ONLINE (42)
This 2019 stat tells us Online Shopping is now the way to buy – whatever we want, when we want, how we want and nothing is going to stop us.
$3.5 TRILLION U.S. DOLLARS E-RETAIL SALES WORLDWIDE (42)
Do we actually know how much three and a half trillion dollars is?
It is billions and billions of dollars – all being spent for online shopping.
A reality check is that we are all contributing to this, so next time we get on the ‘save the planet’ or ‘lets not create more waste’ bandwagons, check where our individual spending is going online because it comes with packaging. Let us not fool ourselves any longer – we are creating more waste when we shop online. Fact.
Has the comfort of shopping online 24/7 created this multi trillion-dollar industry and if we are to be honest for just one moment, is it all needed?
In other words, is there un-necessary spending going on at any moment?
50% OF THE WORLD HAS ORAL DISEASES (43)
This is a serious reality check and yet we do not have to be a part of this statistic to find out more about how and why we get oral dis-eases.
2.4 BILLION SUFFER FROM TOOTH DECAY (44)
Will this statistic change because our regular dental appointments have been delayed due to even more lockdown restrictions and our new stay at home habits have gone downhill in the oral health department?
60 – 90% CHILDREN HAVE TOOTH DECAY (45)
Do we really care when our kids get tooth decay or do we just accept it as part of their growing up? This is a serious 911.
How many of us bother to pay attention and detail to the Teeth Brushing and oral hygiene support that our children really need?
Are we contributing to their tooth decay as we see sugary treats as ok and forget the harm it causes them?
5,824,699,200 HOURS OF PORN WATCHED ON WORLD’S LARGEST HARDCORE PORN SITE IN ONE YEAR (46)
Can we actually fathom what this big fat number is saying to us and note this is just one porn website in one year?
Whatever our opinions or take is about Pornography, we ought to be asking WHY are the masses hooked into watching this kind of stuff?
Our demand for “hardcore porn” is saying this is what we want as 5.8 billion hours are being watched on this one website platform in a year.
$3,075.64 SPENT ON PORN EVERY SECOND ON THE INTERNET (47)
This is well worth taking note of – every second on our Internet, we are spending over three thousand dollars and this means big business for those involved in the industry. Would it be true to say that Porn is a drug because how else could one explain these staggering statistics?
$1 BILLION VIRTUAL REALITY PORN BUSINESS BY 2025 (47)
88% PORN FILMS CONTAIN ACTS PHYSICAL AGGRESSION (47)
So the majority of porn films contain acts of physical aggression. Question – what does that give the viewers?
Are we aware that our children and teenagers are on these websites and how will the side effects of porn play out for them in later life?
79% PORN PERFORMERS HAVE USED MARIJUANA (47)
Do these performers need the mind-altering state that Marijuana offers them, to carry out un-natural acts for the pleasure and desires of those that align and subscribe to Porn?
50,000 U.S. CHURCH LEADERS USE PORN ON A REGULAR BASIS (47)
95% RISE IN CHILD PORNOGRAPHY CONTENT IN INDIA – 2020 (48)
Has a national lockdown suddenly given rise or was this going on under the radar, but now it is more exposed hence the statistic?
FIRST EXPOSURE TO PORNOGRAPHY ON A YOUNG, DEVELOPING BRAIN HAS POTENTIAL TO LEAD TO LIFELONG TOXIC HABIT (46)
REVENGE PORN HELPLINE BUSIEST YEAR ON RECORD – 2020 (49)
YOUNG ADULTS SAY PORN IS THE MOST HELPFUL SOURCE OF INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO HAVE SEX (50)
1 BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AFFECTED BY OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNOEA (51)
SLEEPING AIDS INDUSTRY
$80.8 BILLION 2020 (52) | $162.5 BILLION BY 2030 (53)
For the record, this is based on our demand for seeking Solutions for our sleep problems. We just don’t want the natural way like babies do and other species that reside on this planet we share with them.
We want to do what we want, when we want – Because We Can and then expect our body to suddenly shut down when we tell it.
At no point are we interested in honouring the natural rhythm that allows for deep rest and quality sleep.
Our education system is too busy teaching us what we do not need to live human life and so we are not informed about the circadian rhythm or what our bodies need to have maximum health and vitality. Homework does not suggest about bedtime routine and rituals that would support.
A wise move would be to go to our library on this website under the Sleep category and consider what is being presented and then apply the practical aspects. It is free and available to all and offers no profit to the sleep aids industry.
800,000 PEOPLE WORLDWIDE DIE BY SUICIDE (54)
That was 2 years ago – so what is the real and accurate figure today?
Statisticians and scholars of the future can correct us – Simple Living Global states that this figure is close to 1 million worldwide in 2021.
TWICE AS MANY FIREFIGHTERS DIED BY SUICIDE THAN DIED WHILE ON DUTY IN USA
REAL NUMBERS COULD BE HIGHER AS ONLY 40% REPORTED (55)
We don’t even have the correct numbers and yet this news is enough to stop us in our tracks. We expect our firefighters to die in service, as part of their job exposes them to such great risks. But Suicide has taken over.
What is going on for these service men and women that leads to them taking their own life?
SUICIDE HIT RECORD HIGH IN UK – 2019 (56)
Something is Not Right and yet we are not asking what is going on in this country that it has got to a point where suicides are at a record high.
This alone should have the whole world up in arms questioning how and why this is happening but yet it remains like words out there and not part of our purpose-full conversations, when we meet anyone or at every dinner table gathering. Not talking about these topics is why we are where we are at.
The whole world deserves to know what is going on here on earth and the way we are living is not the answer. Most of us (reality check) are sleeping and it’s time to wake up – we have a 911 everywhere.
1.4 BILLION USE TOBACCO WORLDWIDE (28)
2 MILLION DIE FROM TOBACCO INDUCED HEART DISEASE EVERY YEAR – 2020 REPORT FROM WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (28)
We have known for a very long time that tobacco is poison and not for humans but we still seem to have more and more research telling us the same.
Why waste another dime on research when we could be spending it on Real education and supporting those that genuinely are ready to quit and want to seek Another Way to Live and that means not replacing one ill habit with another?
26 MILLION NEW SUBSCRIBERS FOR TV STREAMING SERVICE (57)
Not bad as their new subscribers for the whole of 2019 was 28 million.
£720 MILLION RISE IN PROFITS FOR APRIL – JUNE 2020 (58)
A confirmation that TV is now a popular choice for self-medication, as we follow the government guidelines imposed on us all to stay at home.
71% RISE IN VIEWING FIGURES – VIDEO STREAMING SERVICES (57)
45 HOURS A WEEK ADULTS WATCHING TV AND ONLINE VIDEO (57)
Here is a confirmation of our viewing habits during lockdown. It is worth reading what this journalist had to say back in 1958 about television –
Our history will be what we make of it and if there are any historians about 50 or 100 years from now – there they will find recorded in black and white and in colour, evidence of decadence, escapism and insulation from the realities of the world in which we live.
We are currently wealthy, fat, comfortable and complacent. We have a built in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this but unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognise that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it and those who work at it may see a totally different picture too late.
Edward R. Morrow – 25th October 1958 (59)
So 62 years on – what has changed and was this guy telling us something that was true and continues to be?
Have we become a world addicted to our television screens and used this medium to escape, distract, delude and amuse us so we do not have to face the realities of the world in which we live?
1.6 BILLION TONNES OF FOOD WASTE EVERY YEAR (60)
Is this a big enough reality check that we need right now?
What gives us the right to waste so much food when we know of people in this world that go without? This has been going on for decades so it is not new to us.
We bang on about our earth and the environment but what is going on if we are collectively so irresponsible that we actually waste billions of tonnes worth of food and it is every year? No sign of things changing yet.
$1.2 TRILLION WORTH OF FOOD WASTE (60)
One thousand, two hundred billion dollars is the cost of our ill behaviour when it comes to Food Waste. We all need to take our part as very few, if any are exempt. We think it quite normal to waste food and a reality check here tells us this money could be spent on what is really needed for humanity to evolve.
53.6 MILLION METRIC TONNES WORLDWIDE OF ELECTRONIC WASTE WAS GENERATED IN 2019 (61)
We have become a modern world and tech is the way going forward. But we have little or no idea what to do with our electronic waste and because we have bred and fostered a ‘throwaway culture’ what we call ‘out with the old and in with the new’ we have millions and millions of tonnes of electronic waste.
70% RISE IN GLOBAL WASTE PRODUCTION BY 2050 (62)
The World Bank is telling us now and that means they know our behaviour when it comes to Waste, is going to get a lot worse.
We only have to look outside or in our homes at the extra waste we are creating with our online shopping behaviours during a pandemic, with no signs of ever slowing down.
2 BILLION TONNES OF WASTE PRODUCED EVERY YEAR BY MANKIND – 7.6 BILLION PEOPLE (62)
It makes no sense that the size of our global population creates so much waste and we all know it is disproportionate, as some countries do not have the means or resources to waste in the way our developed so-called advanced countries do.
This is a very small exposé of what is currently going on for us in the world we have created.
There is nothing here that relates to us being human.
We need a reality check to wake up, smell the 911 emergency, start to be aware and consider where we each are contributing, by they way we are choosing to live.
Let us leave no stone unturned to get to the root of why and how we have got ourselves to this point, which historians will no doubt say was wayward, un-necessary and indulgent to say the very least.
This is a necessary Reality Check as our time is up, as we know it, because nothing is truly working in human life.
(1) Gabbatiss, J. (2018, August 24). No Safe Level of Alcohol Consumption, Major Study Concludes. Independent. Retrieved January 15, 2021 from
(2) Griswold, M.G., Fullman, N., Hawley, C., Arian, N., Zimsen, S.R.M., Tymeson, H.D…Gakidou, E. (2018, August 23). Alcohol Use and Burden for 195 Countries and Territories, 1990 – 2016: a Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. The Lancet 392(10152), pp.1015 – 1035. Retrieved January 15, 2021 from
(3) (n.d). Cancer. World Health Organization. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(4) Wunsch, N.G. (2020, November 25). Per Capita Chocolate Consumption Worldwide in 2017, by Country (in kilograms). Statista. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(5) Conway, J. (2020, November 24). Coffee Consumption Worldwide from 2012/13 to 2018/19 (in million 60kg bags). Statista. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(6) (2020, January 30). Depression. World Health Organization. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(7) Duncan, P., & Marsh, S. (2021, January 1). Antidepressant Use in England Soars as Pandemic Cuts Counselling Access. The Guardian. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(8) (2020, February 12). Diabetes Facts & Figures. International Diabetes Federation (IDF). Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(9) (2020, June 8). Diabetes. World Health Organization. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(10) 2. Drug Use and Health Consequences. World Drug Report 2020. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(11) Hamilton, I. (2020, May 26). Virtual Chemsex is on the Rise in Lockdown – But That Does Not Mean It’s Any Safer. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(12) Hagan, P. (2020, July 4). Public School Pupils Take More Drugs and Start Drinking at a Younger Age Than Those at State Schools, Study Claims. MailOnline. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(13) Honderich, H. (2020, September 2). Opioid Epidemic: The Other Public Health Crisis Killing Canadians. BBC News. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(14) Guy, J., Halasz, S., DiDonato, V., & Tuysuz, G. (2020, July 1). Italian Police Claim World’s Largest Drugs Bust After US$1.1 Billion of Amphetamines Seized. CTV News. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(15) (2020, December 13). Malaysia Coast Guard Makes Record £19.2m Crystal Meth Seizure. The Telegraph. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(16) Berlinger, J. (2020, May 20). Myanmar Police Make Asia’s Biggest Drug Bust in Decades, Seizing 200 Million Meth Tablets. CNN. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(17) (2020, November 16). Cannabis Strength Soars Over Past Half Century – New Study. University of Bath. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(18) Jaffer, K. (2020, January 13). More Than ONE MILLION Britons ‘Are Illegally Using Cannabis to Treat Illnesses Including Epilepsy, Arthritis and Anxiety’. MailOnline. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(19) (2020, September 23). Prenatal Cannabis Exposure Associated with Adverse Outcomes During Middle Childhood. Scienmag. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(20) (2021, January 8). More Than Half of People Using Cannabis for Pain Experience Multiple Withdrawal Symptoms. Scienmag. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(21) Elflein, J. (2020, July 9). Number of Cocaine Users Worldwide from 2010 to 2018, by Region* (in million). Statista. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(22) 3. Drug Supply. World Drug Report 2020. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(23) (2020, August 11). Netherlands’ Largest Cocaine Lab Found in Former Riding School. BBC News. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(24) (2020, December 6). London Gateway: £100m Cocaine Stash Hidden in Banana Pulp. BBC News. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(25) European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (2020). European Drug Report 2020: Trends and Developments, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg. (pp. 8, 17, 21, 23-25). Retrieved January 15, 2021 from https://www.emcdda.europa.eu/system/files/publications/13236/TDAT20001ENN_web.pdf
(26) Bursztynsky, J. (2019, December 30). Opioid Overdose Deaths 85% Higher in Areas with Auto Plant Closures, Study Finds. CNBC. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(28) Kelly-Linden, J. (2020, September 23). Almost Two Million People Die from Tobacco-Induced Heart Disease Each Year, New Report Finds. The Telegraph. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(29) Glimne, D. (n.d). Gambling. Britannica. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(30) Burgess, K. (2020, January 18). Video Games Turning Children into Betting Addicts, says NHS. The Times. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(31) Shiel, J. (n.d). Medical Definition of Headache. MedicineNet. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(32) Preidt, R. (2020, December 9). Heart Disease is World’s No. 1 Killer. HealthDay. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(33) (2019, September 13). Hypertension. World Health Organization. Retrieved January 16, 2021 from
(34) Ochab, E.U. (2017, July 29). The World’s Fastest Growing Crime. Forbes. Retrieved January 10, 2021 from
(35) (2020). World Day Against Trafficking in Persons. United Nations. Retrieved January 10, 2021 from
(36) James, S.L., Abate, D., Abate, K.H., Abay, S.M., Abbafati, C., Abbasi, N…Murray, C.J.L. Global, Regional, and National Incidence, Prevalence and Years Lived with Disability for 354 Diseases and Injuries for 195 Countries and Territories, 1990-2017: a Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. The Lancet. 2018(392), pp. 1789-1858. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(37) (2020, February). Number of Children & Adolescents Taking Psychiatric Drugs in the U.S. CCHR International. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(38) Tiernan, E. (2020, October 7). ‘Being at the Top of Your Game Doesn’t Make You Immune to Mental Health Difficulties’. www.7News.com.au Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(39) Campbell, D. (2020, May 16). UK Lockdown Causing ‘Serious Mental Illness in First Time Patients’. The Guardian. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(40) (2020, February 6). Obesity-Related Diseases Among Top Three Killers in Most Countries, World Bank Says. The World Bank. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(41) World Obesity Day. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(42) Statista Research Company. (2020, October 26). E-Commerce Worldwide – Statistics & Facts. Statista. Retrieved January 16, 2021 from
(43) (n.d). Facts, Figures and Stats: Oral Disease: 10 Key Facts. Fdi World Dental Federation. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(44) Toppa, S. (2015, March 5). One-Third of the World’s Population Suffers from Untreated Tooth Decay. TIME. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(45) (n.d). What is the Burden of Oral Disease? World Health Organization. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(46) (2020, October 13). How Many People Are on Porn Sites Right Now? (Hint: It’s A Lot). Fight the New Drug. Retrieved January 10, 2021 from
(47) (n.d). Pornography Statistics. CovenantEyes. Retrieved January 10, 2021 from
(48) Pandit, A. (2020, April 14). ICPF Report Warns of Sharp Rise in Demand for Online Child Pornography During Lockdown. The Times of India. Retrieved January 10, 2021 from
(49) Webb, C., & Weale, S. (2020, October 9). More than 500 Child Victims of ‘Revenge Porn’ in England and Wales Last Year. The Guardian. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(50) Boston University School of Medicine. (2021, January 6). Young Adults Say Porn is Their Most Helpful Source of Information About How to Have Sex. EurekAlert! Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(51) (2020, December 10). Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Puts a Strain on the Heart, Too. Scienmag. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(52) (2015, July 31). Global Sleep Aids Market Will Reach US$80.8 Bn by 2020: Persistence Market Research. GlobeNewswire. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(53) (2020, November 19). Global Sleeping Aids Market Report 2020: Market Generated a Revenue of $78.7 Billion in 2019 and is Expected to Reach a Value of $162.5 Billion by 2030. https://www.prnewswire.com/ Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(54) (2019, September 2). Suicide. World Health Organization. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(56) Bulman, M. (2020, April 8). Suicides in England Hit Record High in 2019, Figures Show. Independent. Retrieved January 7, 2021 from
(57) (2020, August 5). TV Watching and Online Streaming Surge During Lockdown. BBC News. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(58) (2020, July 16). Netflix Warns of Slowdown After Subscriber Surge. BBC News. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(59) (2020, January 12). Edward R. Murrow Response to Senator Joe McCarthy on CBS’ See it Now. American Rhetoric. Retrieved January 14, 2021 from
(60) Hegnsholt, E., Unnikrishnan, S., Pollmann-Larsen, M., Askelsdottir, B., & Gerard, M. (2018, August 20). Tacking the 1.6-Billion-Ton Food Loss and Waste Crisis. Boston Consulting Group. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(61) International E-Waste Day – 14 October 2020. WeeeForum. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from
(62) Global Waste Index 2019. Sensoneo. Retrieved January 13, 2021 from